Friday, April 1, 2011

Tomato Days 2011, May 21-22

2010:the plants are ready!
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Has anybody ever written that before?  I kinda like it.  It sums up 2010 to a "t".

In 2010 the heirloom tomato plants I grew were lovely and healthy. Lots of interest and people came out in droves to my "Tomato Days" heirloom tomato and veg seedling sale.


                                                               It rained.


In August I held my Heirloom Tomato tour and Tasting.

Lots of fun, but it poured.

Interesting for a year that really wasn't a wet one at all.

It all turned out just fine, regardless of the weather.

Who knows, of course, what this year will bring. The important thing really isn't whether or not it rains on my sale weekend, but if it is a good growing year.  Last year sure was.

My "Tomato Days' event is on the Victoria Day holiday weekend, May 21-22, from 8am-4pm.  There are thousands and thousands of plants, easily more than 500 varieties of heirloom tomatoes (700?)
A very good selection of hot and sweet peppers, more eggplant varieties than you can shake a stick at, and an abundance of other heirloom veg seedlings as well.  There will be broccolis, melons. cukes, kales, cabbages, lettuces, ground cherries, cape gooseberries, huckleberries and much more.

Every year I'm delighted to see my tomato friends, many of whom I only see once a year.  I enjoy hearing the stories of success, new favourites and of tomato varieties people think I should try.


I'm like the gal at your favourite coffee shop who has the coffee ready for you the way you like it as you walk in.  Some people order the same varieties every year....and the minute they walk up the drive I can hand them their plants.  Thanks for coming back and making my plants part of your garden year after year.

Hope to see you here if you are interested in some cool tomatoes.  Make that super-cool.

Come on out and let's talk tomatoes!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

And here I was all ready to give up on heirloom tomatoes this year. At least starting from seed myself this year, as the last two years were rather uninspiring to say the least. But here you are and you're close! Practically right next door compared to most of the blogging community! : )

Not sure how you found me, but I'm glad you did. Nice to meet you!

~Andrea~