Thursday, December 15, 2011

Guest Post-Arugula Cottage Cheese Dip

Leslie must spend a good bit of time in the kitchen...my favourite kind of CSA customer!
(Not to mention my favourite kind of person.Very sweet!)
I'm very much appreciating her creativity, especially since she is so willing to share her recipes.  And after my little Christmas potluck here on the farm, I've had the honour of  sampling her dishes too. Yum!
Thanks for the post, Leslie.
If you'd like to read another post I wrote about arugula, it was a year ago I wrote about Astounding Arugula
Don't think about it that way? Maybe if you try this recipe you will! 






Is it a dip? Is it a salad dressing? Is it a sandwich smear? Well that is for you to decide! What I do know is that it is tasty. I found this recipe for an Arugula Cottage Cheese Dip on a website called www.farmgirlfare.com and immediately thought it would be a perfect way to use some of the beautiful arugula Linda put in my basket this week. Something about arugula makes me think about the summer. Maybe it is because one of my favourite salads in the summer is a simple mixture of arugula, feta cheese and watermelon. When I smell and taste the peppery goodness that is arugula I am instantly feeling warmer and dreaming of the summer. This recipe is great as a dip, salad dressing or even smeared on a sandwich. The choice is yours…enjoy! 
Arugula Cottage Cheese Dip
4 ounces of arugula (about 4 cups packed) coarsely chopped
1 cup of cottage cheese
1/3 cup of mayonnaise 
2 tbps fresh lemon juice 
¼ cup chopped chives or finely chopped scallions (green parts only) 
¼ tsp salt 
Fresh pepper to taste
1 clove of garlic  **
Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Add more salt and pepper to taste if desired. This dip will keep for several days in the refrigerator. 
** The original recipe did not call for garlic. I am a firm believer that everything tastes better with garlic in it. Feel free to leave it out if you wish. ** 

No comments: