Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!


It is the day before Christmas, and I'm alone.
Although I suppose my reality is I never am alone. I have cats and dogs, roosters crowing and Joey snorting at regular intervals with the hope of scoring a snack between his two regular meals. I have a bunny hopping around my kitchen chasing Basil Rathbone and sometimes it is the other way around.
 I am sans human companionship, but I am content.


With the gentle snow coming down outside, I will be happy in a few hours when my oldest, Emily, pulls in the driveway, her kitty in tow.
Mollie will be home in the early morning, and as we have always done, we'll sit together in the living room and open presents together, then make the trek to my sister's in Dundas to gather with the rest of the family.
I have friends who don't celebrate Christmas and I respect that just as they respect my right to live the life I have chosen.
Regardless of beliefs, I'm glad to hear from friends at this time of year, grateful for the goodwill shown to me, and grateful beyond words for the companionship of my girls and family....right down to little Terry the Turtle.
I will say now what I think everyday, not just at this time of year. I appreciate your friendship, whether we have met or not. I wish you love and a peaceful mind and heart.
From all of us here we wish you the best!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Linda .. and a very Happy New Year !

Rob T said...

Nice post Linda. Enjoy your family Christmas!

DanT said...

Merry Christmas wishes to you and your girls.

I sincerely hope that 2014 brings health and contentment.

Dan T